Friday, November 2, 2007

Notice the Harley Davison plate in front

I was never the one in High School that had to beg, borrow and steal to get a ride. I was never bribed to get good grades in exchange for a car. I didn’t have to pay for insurance. A car was always provided. Some of the cars were better than others (the 1985 Anniversary Thunderbird was 100% better than Big Red).

My friends would joke that my dad should have a car lot. This was back in the days when he only had 3 or 4 cars. These days it would be a dealership. I think he has even lost count of the number of vehicles included in his hobby.

Even now, a car is always provided. Whether I need a truck to haul furniture or Ruth needs the motorcoach to sleep there is always a set of keys waiting. So yesterday I needed a car. I get the option of the red corvette (ok that would be nice but I need to haul the kids), mom’s car (perfect) or his newly acquired town car. Upon arrival the keys to the town car were provided.

Oh my.

Dad’s quote upon pick up, “The kids will get a kick out of this one”
Brittney’s quote (this morning at drop off), “Hurry Melody, get out ot the car—noone will know it is us”,
Melody’s quote, “I am thankful that we don’t have to drive in a car like this all the time”
Jessica’s quote, “Why wont the window roll up, its too loud”
Dad’s quote “They didn’t like it? In 1981 this was the best that money could buy”

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine the kids embarrassment on that!!!!



Alice

Queen B said...

WOW, that is awesome!

Ruth Anne said...

In 1981 Alice was born. Interesting.

Jenn Ann said...

I was also born in 1981! I also spent my childhood being driven around in similar such cars by my grandmother. It builds character!

Anonymous said...

And to think Dad thinks is so good looking - and the guys at the inspection place all went nuts over it.

I love my toes. Mom

Anonymous said...

And to think Dad thinks is so good looking - and the guys at the inspection place all went nuts over it.

I love my toes. Mom

Teri said...

Your dad seems so nice

Anonymous said...

This article was hilarious! I loved it but the car is an 1986. By the way, it just had a killer wax job. Can you see it shine?


Dad

Kim Thomas said...

Nothing beats 85 Thunderbirds!

Anonymous said...

I must admit, I'm partial to the Thunderbird...gave me a front row seat to Rob's 15 yr old sister driving a Bronco into the Circle K. AAAWWWW, memories

Paula

Ann said...

Gotta love the big ol' town cars! Your kids don't know what they're missing!