Thursday, November 15, 2007

Camp Sombrero

Other than wanting a great way to spend time with Brittney I have no purpose being a Girl Scout leader. I don't camp. I know that may surprise many of you. HA

I arrive to the class tonight to be a certified camp leader. They play a Yes and No game (yes it as easy as it sounds, there is a piece of paper that says yes and one that says No. The ask a question and you go stand by the paper).

Question 1: Do you feel comfortable camping with your girls (is it bad that I stood by the yes sign because everyone else did). Questions 2-19 were all a blur

Question 20: Did you back into your parking space? Ummmmm No. So I shyly (along with 2 other women) stand by the No sign. Everyone else is allowed to sit as we have to stand and are publicly shamed in front of the group.

You NEVER should park your car at a girl scout camp head in (Ok picture it: a 72 year old hard core dramatic girl scout leader who is a no nonsense, I know more campfire songs than you, turn in your cell phone at the door kind of a teacher). "What if there is a fire? You must always carry your keys in your pocket and if someone blows the fire whistle" (oh damn what does that sound like) "then you meet at the flag pole and gather your girls together. Since you are a prepared leader you will have your keys the next step is to orderly get your girls out of camp. Can you imagine if you are all trying to back your cars out, that would be chaos. The only way it is orderly is if you back in and all pull out"

Ok, ladies let that be a lesson to you, you can go move your cars now.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow-- I am actually holding my laugh in my stomach as to not giggle out loud and wake my husband because I am up way too late.
I can not believe the sneakery! What a way to trick someone into being shamed!

(at least you weren't alone I guess!)

Alice

Ann said...

Jane as a girl scout camp leader? Can I go to camp??? Please?! :o)

Kim Thomas said...

With all the cell phones checked in at the door I have to wonder, in the event of a fire who will call 911?

Jenn Ann said...

This is going to make for some GREAT blog material!

Queen B said...

O M G. I would never cut it as a girl scout leader. Glad to just let that dream die this morning. LOL at going along with the crowd - you know that only gets you into trouble in the long run!

You should watch Troop Beverly Hills to brush up!

Dora said...

LMAO!

Ruth Anne said...

Is that assuming that I can't backup quickly?!

Excuse me, but we aren't 16. We can drive fast (with a cellphone, eating, and changing into work out clothes).

Ann said...

Ruth Anne: don't forget texting, too!