Saturday, November 10, 2007

Are you smarter than a 5th grader?

2 weeks ago Melody told me about her school project that was due this week. The project was to create a model of land formations and types of water sources. Fast forward Thursday at 730 pm. "Remember mom the project is due tomorrow." This is reason 879 that I love being a mother.

So, salt dough gets made (thanks grandma!!) and we use a discarded Barbie box for a background. In less than an hour she had the best art project in the class.

Procrastination has its advantages. (oh no did I teach the fifth grader that???)

9 comments:

Jenn Ann said...

You totally scored with the Barbie box!!! I'm quite impressed with your "under an hour" masterpiece!

Queen B said...

whew, it's good to know that procrastination pays off. I always cringe when I think of how badly that trait of mine might screw up future children ;)

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I love the salt dough I can't tell you how many times I wanted to eat that stuff. (and always regretted when I did).

Alice

Kim Thomas said...

Just you wait for my take on this....

Ruth Anne said...

it really looks good. And I totally love going over kids homework as a refresher to me.

Ann said...

I just went thru this last week! The only difference is, Vicki didn't tell me until 6:00 the night before it was due.

We created a masterpiece with modeling clay from the Dollar Tree! Wish I had taken a pic!

Anonymous said...

Wow, it turned out great! Told ya everything would turn out great. Love, Mom

Teri said...

this is one of the reasons i loved m=being a mom too. Except that none of our porjects looked this good

Anonymous said...

got love this project! All the memories and landmarks :)