Thursday, November 15, 2007

My name is Debra not Lami

This is about Debra the Lamb.

We loved Debra. She was a great pet that let little girls play with her. We would tie her to the fence each evening and come to her loving baa baa each morning. One morning there was no baa baa. We woke up to only Debra's head tied to the fence (we lived in a farm community in the middle of nowhere, use your imagination). My loving father took her to the pet land fill (its a farm community, animals died they had to be dumped somewhere, again use your imagination-if you have ever been to one you will never forget the smell).

I could embellish the story and make you feel sorry for those too little girls that had such a traumatic experience--oh wait some have you have heard that version. I have decided instead to give you the humor in the story.

Fast Forward 2007. I have shared the story for years. However I always called our pet Lami. It wasn't until this year that I was informed by the co-owner of the pet that her name was Debra not Lami. Lami was the purple stuffed elephant that Tami got for Christmas that we named after the two of us (I liked purple, she liked elephants).

Ill just blame the name change on traumatic shock syndrome.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely Traumatic Shock Syndrome. I don't think I was born but I always knew her name was Debra.

However I have never even heard of Lami.

Alice

Ann said...

That is a great picture...and a funny story, too!

Kim Thomas said...

The following story is brought to you by Lim1Champ:

Fast Forward to Year: 2047
Setting: Retirement Home

Jane: Nurse, where is Lami?
Brittney: Mom, her name was Kim, not Lami
Melody: Yes, Kim Thomas
Jane: I don't know a Kim Thomas

Ruth Anne said...

Granted it was before my time, but I thought her name was Lami, too.

Queen B said...

lmao, but it's sad, too :(

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA KIM! Way to reference the best blog ever.

" So I was at my grandmas nursing home.This old lady came up and said "What is your name." Kim said" Kim." She said Kim who?" Kim said "Kim Thomas." She said " I don't know a Kim Thomas." And I was thinking ofcourse you don't a Kim Thomas."

I love the "and I was thinking" line.

Alice

Britney Smith said...

Mom that story is so funny, I'm glad you were in the car when you figured out the real name!