Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Hey Mr Postman

I remember a video in junior high about an old lady that used to wait for the postman everyday for her mail to come. The day she died she received a long awaited letter from her granddaughter.

In the day of email (450 a day), I still make the trip to the mailbox everyday. When I gather the the unfruitful mail I think of the poor lady who waited and waited. Here is what I received:

Yesterday's Mail
Time Magazine (to me)
Clipper Coupons (to "our neighbors at..")
Important tax statement (to "friend of disabled veterans")
Orange Patch Too Catalog (to "resident")
Cox flyer (to "Chester Manning")


Today's Mail
USAA Solitication (to me)
Huggies Coupons (to "Tracy Manning")
Sears Portrait coupon (to "Mindy Pickett")

Not that the 450 emails bring much value or affirmation. That is what the blog and blog friends are for! Thank you for the attention at "mail" you send to me everyday :)

5 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

Can you do a drawing for the Huggies coupons? Megan, Ruth Anne and I would like to enter....

Jenn Ann said...

OOOOH make them do some sort of baby trivia to win the coupons!

Ann said...

LOL! We get lots of mail for people who don't live here. It's a good thing that Peoria recycles, now!

Ruth Anne said...

When I get a real letter in the mail, it is freakin great!

Anonymous said...

How funny that you commented this on Wednesday! I think it was Wednesday that I mailed something to you (at your mom's house though since I still don't have yours)
Love,
The one who LYLAS,
alas the extra sister you didn't need
;-)