Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Deep Reflection By Jane

Earnest Desire
By Illichi Lee
.
When it is time for a chick to break out of its shell, it begins to tap. This is the signal for the mother hen to peck at the shell from the outside. The action of the chick combined with the external strength of the mother hen enables new life to be born.

Each of us nurtures a chick in our hearts. We call this chick desire. From deep within us, with all its strength, the chick tries to crack its shell to come into the world. At the same time our mother hen, the world around us, pecks with equal strength to help release this desire. As these two sources of strength collide, new insights are created.

When we possess an ardent wish in our hearts, events around us become like a mother hen, presenting opportunities and providing support, encouragement, and strength. These can be a line from a poem, a verse from a song, a chance meeting with a stranger. All of these collaborate, to help us give birth to our desires and make our dreams reality.

4 comments:

Ann said...

Here's to chick desire! Honestly...this gave me goose bumps!

Anonymous said...

Go Chicks!


Alice

Kim Thomas said...

Are baby turkeys called chicks or just baby chickens?

Ruth Anne said...

Can the mother hen be more than just the world around us?

When I was younger, my mom got mad at me because I was trying to help a chick get out of its shell. I was trying to be helpful. I wanted to play with the new chick. I had the best intentions.

I had no idea the chick wasn't ready, and that I was in essence hurting the chick. Not only did I damage the chick's protective barrier, the chick was going to die because it wasn't ready to take care of itself yet.

I always thought the chick had to do all the work.