Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Competitive Spirit

My Aunt Linda has always said that the Young family siblings were competitive. Though we have all denied it, it may be true (grand epiphany).

My last Scrabble game was 273 to 155 (ummmm, I won)

My last Brick Breaker 9490 to 8820 (uh huh I was the winner)

Brick Breaker is the competitive game of choice. Because this is one where the competition can be done long distance.

What follows is a dilemma


Blackberry Messenger (yeah welcome Alice)
Participants:
-------------
Jane,Alice
Messages:
---------
Alice: Ok there is something wrong with my brickbreaker the scoring says that hitting the brick with the ball should be 10 points but it only gives me 5 I think that's why I'm on a higher level with a low score? Does tours give you 5 or 10?

Jane: Where do u look?

Alice: It tells you in the game under help then brick breaker scoring then it should say what the different scoring is. Then when you actually play look on the top left and see what score it records when you hit one brick with just your ball. If yours is right it should give you 10 points


Dilemma: I am getting 10 points. So, did I really win?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The point is- are you having fun? A little competition never hurt anyone - it is what keeps us all moving. All my kids are winners! That makes me the biggest winner of all. Mom

Kim Thomas said...

I was going to do a blog about brickbreaker. The other night I was playing at 3:00am waiting for a work phone call and I decided to go to the website. There are people there that have scores in the millions and 100's of lives. How is this possible? I think they are hackers or liars.

Anonymous said...

I) mom is too cute
2) Kim is funny because I also went on the brickbreaker blogs when I realized this problem and I was also amazed by the 100's of lives.
3) I am very interested as to see what everyone says because right now my score is 6045 with a level of 16. If I was receiving 10 points correctly it would stand to reason that I would be at around 12,000 points.

Regardless how do I fix my game!?!

Alice

Ann said...

Never heard of it, but I'll have to check it out!

Jane said...

Hey Alice,

9990 today!!!!!

Ruth Anne said...

Alice had to give me the information about Brickbuilder. I had no clue.

Anonymous said...

BOO! You are officially the winner-- That being said I'm redownloading my brickbreaker so I can get a fair shake!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Alice