Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wealth of Knowledge

When I am traveling and having a hard time sleeping not only am I funny, posty and available when I am sleep deprived but I also am the world's best google searcher. Things I have wanted to look up for months suddenly pop into my head as an urgent need when the room is dark and quiet and I am on the wrong time zone.

This week has been an incredibly fruitful searching week. I found the best organic pies in Southern California, found Lara's Closet on line, bidded on ebay for (and won) a used Polaroid camera, found the best rated home exercise equipment (decided against the human dynamo :( ), know all there is to know about blood pressure problems, and spent more time on facebook than I have since I have had the account (where I turned into physco mom when I realized my 14 year old had "lover of the day" posted to her wall.)

While searching for "tickets to Oprah" (Tami's dream come true), I came across a recent show with Roger Ebert. I was super confused that Oprah was in a different outfit on the same show.













This turned into a search of "Oprah and Roger" I think someone else was confused too.





Who knew that his wife (Chaz, she is a lawyer) looked so much like Oprah. I know it was 3 am. But I was so confused because I always thought Gene was his partner .

(If you want to know the origin of the thumbs up, thumbs down, where he went to college, why he looks so oddly different, his opinion on why people thought he may be gay, Chaz, how he ot his voice back, Oprah retiring, how how to get tickets to her show please let me know).

9 comments:

LoSpace said...

Thumbs UP on this post!!! Immediately I thought of 5 things to ask you to Google.

Queen B said...

sleep deprivation always makes me more entertaining :) glad that you made the most out of your tired state...

Anonymous said...

Last night, I googled a great recipe for Tangerine Marmalade. Now and just need time. Mom

Diane said...

You are a wealth of knowledge! Can you please find out how to fix spot's ear, I think he might have an infection:(

Andrea said...

I didn't know he lost his voice?

Kim Thomas said...

I am so grateful to be a beneficiary of your sleepless nights.....

and you do the best google searches ever.

Ruth Anne said...

I listened to his voice. It is acutally good.

Odd couple.

Kim Thomas said...

Are you sure this is Roger?

Kim Thomas said...

I think this may be Roger's mother.