Monday, March 1, 2010

Expired Items in my Life

I went to the grocery store this weekend to do research. Cereal boxes on average expire after 18 months of what is listed on the shelf. These two boxes from my pantry have not yet expired yet (upcoming Feb and April). I cannot remember when they were purchased since cereal is not a breakfast of choice at Jane's house. Please note the Frosted Flakes have yet to be opened.

I grabbed these two magazines to read on the plane. While reading the Shape I couldnt figure out the Kelly Ripa article, I was thinking I had read something similiar before. Oh dear, they both are dated November 2008.

And back toi the pantry. Two more cereal boxes with a November and December expiration date. Uh no, the Raisin Bran has not been opened either.

8 comments:

Diane said...

I would have eaten the Fruity Pebbles and Frosted Flakes. I had Vanilla Almond Special K for dinner tonight.

KFuj said...

I don't eat cereal. I wonder what's expired in my pantry. I've only lived here for a little over a year how much can really be expired?!

Amy said...

When you bring your groceries home mark the date of purchase on the item with a black Sharpie before you put them away. Then you will know when it was purchased. Cereal is a popular breakfast item at my house. It never expires.

Ally said...

Nothing in our pantry lasts very long ... we're a bunch of fatties :(

Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing

LoSpace said...

It varies at mi casa. I push expiring items. The stuff that gets old we take over and feed to the ducks/fish across the street. I can't stand to waste food; I was raised by WWII era farm kids.

Kim Thomas said...

Did you reread the entire magazine?

Queen B said...

I'm thinking a food pantry is just waiting for you to visit ;)

Kim Thomas said...

I have an old roll on deodorant from June 2007. It's expired but I have yet to throw it away.

My cereal always expires.