Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Skin Cancer Is A Killer

With summer approaching and temperatures rising it is important to remember that not only should you put on sunscreen you need to maximize and ensure full coverage. A couple of weeks ago I was reminded of this the hard way. Don't let this happen to you!


The CDC provides some helpful tips for sunscreen application (Glad I don't support that one). Visit their site to learn 1. When to apply, 2. How to apply and 3. What to look for when purchasing sunscreen http://www.cdc.gov/MMWR/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5104a3.htm

8 comments:

Ann said...

Sunburn = bad. Sunscreen = good.

Poor Jane! :)

Jenn Ann said...

Remind me to send you the pretty (ugly) scar of the mole that I had removed 2 weeks ago...that reminds me, I need to call my dermatologist to make sure it's boring.

Yet another service of the HCBC...btw...OUCH!

Paula said...

Yikes! Looks painful! Hope you recovered quickly.

Anonymous said...

Trust me - you need to use sunscreen to protect your skin from cancer but it will also keep your face from aging quicker than you want it to. Love Auntie Em

Jinjer said...

Ouch!! Great reminder on the sunscreen for us!!

Queen B said...

yikes! that had to have hurt :(

Sydney Thomas said...

I'm a little nervous about going to the beach because my mom doesnt go higher than Coppertone 4.

Anonymous said...

Very attractive, Mom