Saturday, May 24, 2008

If you can't see me...................

Many of you have heard me tell my kids: "If you can't see me, I can't see you". What you may not know is the origin behind it.
.
When Brittney was small and I was teaching her how to use public restrooms without her mom in the stall I would always take the stall next to her. The whole time she was going to the bathroom I would say, "Can you see my shoes? Ok let me see your shoes". Then whoever got done first would go stand in front of the other ones stall with their feet within view. It then would end with, "Good job Brittney, if I can see you, you can see me".
.
The tradition continues:










5 comments:

Ruth Anne said...

I have always liked the phrase, but I like your application of it.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. I've heard that a thousand times and never knew that!

Queen B said...

very cute. you have the best girls. well, plus Sydney, and I'm sure there are others, but yours are so precious

Kim Thomas said...

How happy am I to know the story behind this phrase?

Now if you can just explain one of my other favorites "Use your diction"

Sydney Thomas said...

Aunt Jane, you are so smart. I hope you are teaching all of these tips to my mom.