Thursday, May 8, 2008

Executive In Training

Every morning on the way to school my children "get" to listen to the daily operations call for my work.

Overtime they have learned conference call etiquette: They understand that someone leads the call and the need for all to pay attention. When mom needs to talk and when that have to be completely quiet.

They hate the lead in music, they have picked up IT lingo, they get annoyed by the same voices that annoy me and don't like the whole mute concept ("sorry I was on mute" or hearing noises - no explanation necessary-because someone is not using mute).This morning we had a major mute problem. The call leader reminded the attendees to mute a couple times. Finally Jessica said, "someone needs to go a mute, I couldn't hear that Sev 1".

7 comments:

Ann said...

LMFAO!!!!!!! Can I put Jessica on the Sr. Leader rotation next month??? ;)

Jenn Ann said...

Any bets on what Sydney's first words will be? Somehow I think she'll be following in Jessica's footsteps. :)

Jinjer said...

LOL how funny. She is a pro!!

Kim Thomas said...

I definitely think Jessica should try leading the call. She would keep us on task.

And yes, JennAnn, Sydney will be listening starting 7/7.

Anonymous said...

Well, I already knew she is a real genius and too dang cute. Love, G'ma Rae

Queen B said...

OMG, that is the funniest thing I have heard!

And btw, I am totally impressed that you dial-in to the daily ops everyday. As a service manager, that makes me smile... what a good leader :)

Sydney Thomas said...

Sigh. I can't wait.