Friday, October 26, 2007

Tribute to Ruth

The other day while I was at Souper!Salad! the waiter gave us business card. I saved it because I thought is was a great blog topic (and he solved the challenge$100 bucks if you guess what this is). Today we got the card and the conversation that followed trumped the waiter Kevin.

Waitress: My name is Anne, let me know if you need anything

Brittney: Let me see her card, what was her name? Annie?

Mom: No Anne

Melody: Like Diane

Mom: Or like RuthAnne

Melody: I like that name is it her full real name?

Mom: Yes, she was supposed to be named Barbara Anne, Ruth was something that came up all of a sudden

Brittney: How much older are you than Ruth

Mom: 7 years

Brittney: Oh like me and Jessica

Melody: How much older are you than Joe

Mom: 5 years

Melody: How much older are you than Alice

Mom: 9 years

Jessica: How much older are you than Tami

Mom: She is 3 years older

Melody: Brittney is the first born so she is like Tami, then I'm second so I'm like Mom, and Jessica is third so she is like Joe

Jessica: I dont want to be like Joe

Mom: Well I guess it could be like Alice since you are the baby of the family

Jessica: Well why not Ruth, cause I look like her

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol...so many thoughts on this topic :)

Ruth Anne said...

First of all, major props on the spelling of Anne.

Second, which is a great blog topic is my name. What is it???

Third, and most important, thanks Jessica. Everyone likes to be loved. Now get your butt over to my house; Raea keeps bugging me!

Ruth Anne said...

I blogged just for you!

P.S. Don't you love "email follow-up" for commenters now!?!?

Anonymous said...

This was so funny I had to check with John to see if it was as funny as I thought it was or if it was just me on my painkillers for the tonsillectomy. John confirmed-- it is funny.


Alice

Kim Thomas said...

Way too funny!