Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Thank you to the Mayor

While at the Terminal 4 baggage claim at Sky Harbor Airport this sign caught my eye. It was all I could do to not laugh out loud. Since I am not carrying a blackberry pearl (ie a camera on hand), I had to go back with a camera to share the joy.

There are so many things that are funny about this Welcome to Phoenix.
1. It is a small sign near the Nascar exhibit, who really sees?
2. Noone uses Terminal 2
3. 90% of the flights go in and out of Terminal 4. It is incredibly inconvenient to get to Terminal 2, why would anyone let alone military personnell go to a hospitality room instead of their hotel.
4. If I want a hospitality room in between flights why would I go to baggage claim to find out about it.

It is an election year. Maybe it is just good marketing.

3 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

This seriously is the best observation in months. It couldn't be written better.

I will be tracking down this sign on my next trip so I can laugh in person.

Ann said...

Phoenix must have had some extra money in the budget and needed to spend it quickly. I think Mayor Gordon could screw up a one-car parade, but that's just my humble opinion! Love the pic!

Jenn Ann said...

This is apparently fairly common? I believe that I saw similar "The Mayor (insert name here) welcomes you to (insert city name here)" in Chicago and New York? I remember mocking the signs then too...long before my blogging days!