Monday, October 29, 2007

The Office Memo (yes its real)

Phoenix Corporate Employees,

For those of you who are interested in participating in wearing a costume on Wednesday - I’d like to take a quick moment to brief you on a few important things.

-Check with your local department head to ensure your group is participating
-No mask may cover your face (you must be noticeable for security reasons)
-Jeans are acceptable if and only if they are a part of the overall costume (i.e., it is not an all out jeans day and jeans and a pumpkin lapel pin is not considered a costume)
-Some items are not acceptable with any costume (i.e., guns, swords, fire emitting devices, live animals, going barefoot, etc) use your professional judgment
-Costume must cover all parts of the body as normal business casual clothing normally would

Rule of thumb: If in doubt do not wear it! If management determines your costume is inappropriate for the workplace you will be required to modify the costume – which may require you returning home to do so.


Make it a great day!

7 comments:

Jenn Ann said...

WOW is all I have to say, WOW! Then again seeing an over 50 year old women dressed as "sexy red riding hood" 2 years ago at work makes memos like these necessary.

Ann said...

Jane, when I read this memo, I almost blogged about it! I couldn't believe my eyes!

Kim Thomas said...

Halloween is one day a year
Walking through the neighborhood
With Family and Friends
Brings you back in time
To the days of lollipops and candy corn.
Oh very Happy Halloween

Ruth Anne said...

I don't get it. I can wear a crazy costume, but I can't wear jeans?!?

What if I just want to go as a Wisconsinite? Don't they wear jeans and a halloween pin?

Anonymous said...

How sad that they think adults really need guidelines - but then they probably to. Oh well, Mom

Queen B said...

guess no one was a sexy french maid :( what a lame halloween ;)

Queen B said...

uh, aren't you glad you got a memo?

I assume it kept people from showing up like this:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/11/06/ice.costume/index.html