Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Overheard at Starbucks

From Kim's blackberry:
At this moment I am participating in my Saturday morning ritual of people watching and eavesdropping at Starbucks. The two girls across the way have cups labeled Laura and Alice and no, I am not kidding. I am trying to exercise discreet photography but my pearl is just not capturing it well. Still, the photo will appear on my Blog in the coming days. I can't overhear their conversation. Damn.
Next we have the Asian woman that is a germaphobe. She has had latex gloves on since her arrival and is reading the newspaper. I have seen her here before.
I have run into one person from high school and one for CHW in Pasadena.
Sitting directly next to me is an annoying mother showing her 3 year old off to every person who walks through the door......agh, you know how much I love that ;)
And sitting next to me as I document is Joshua reading the newspaper. RO
From Alice's blackberry 3 days prior:
Starbucks is so interesting. I am sitting here listening to a divorce >lawyer talk to this really young girl about her divorce. Seems like an odd >place to talk about such personal stuff. I'm hearing about the dog, etc. Weird.

6 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

Ahhh, to sit at Starbucks and sip on a Chai. Could it get any better than that?

Only if you were sitting with me.

Jenn Ann said...

If only there was a Starbucks I could walk to...

Ruth Anne said...

I guess it is the equivalent to going to the airport or the mall in high school.

Anonymous said...

Kim and Alice!!!! what's the odds of that!


Alice

Anonymous said...

haha just looked down and saw the pic of john in the corvette

he said

wow! nice picture.

Yes! we may have a picture taker just yet.

Alice

Teri said...

with all you people watching I am going to be scared to death to sit in this place.