Monday, February 18, 2008

Treasure Hunting

This weekend at the park we met a new friend. Jessica asked where her mommy was. She said she was there with her grandma who was "treasure hunting".

This brought me back to my childhood when I would watch people at the park across from my house use a metal detector for hours coming up with nothing.

Brittney asked our new friend if her grandma had found anything. The response was, "Two pennies yesterday". As we were leaving we asked what her loot was today. "$.15 cents".

Hmm $.17 in two days. I wonder how long it will take to pay off the metal detector. I also wonder if somewhere beside the Elementary School Park might be more lucrative.

6 comments:

Jenn Ann said...

I was intrigued by the things people might have found with a metal detector - then I found this guy...
http://www.thomasathomas.com/index.htm

Kim Thomas said...

I used to want one of these so bad. I remember people walking up and down the beach with them. I don't know if I ever saw them get anything.

Treasure hunts, rock!!!!!

Jinjer said...

KT, I remember you being mesmorized by these things and commmenting on wanting one when we would go to Bolsa Chica!! Maybe we should all pitch in and get a HCBC metal detector and then take turns with it!!

Queen B said...

This is almost as effective as my google ads!

Ann said...

We actually have one of these, and have found some very interesting treasure on the beaches of Massachusetts and Rhode Island.

Anonymous said...

I find it an interesting hobby. I don't think I have ever heard of any body every finding any thing fantastic. But, Uncle Gary said that AZ is a good place because there are lots of gold nuggets around. Mom