Sunday, February 17, 2008

Dont believe what you see

Yesterday while Goodwill hopping I found this sign (if it would have been less than $7.99 I would have bought it). I take a picture and tell Kim that I found our scripture. When I sent her the photo she finds at obvious error.

Questioning the artwork but second guessing herself she goes home to reference Proverbs 22:6. She is right. this scripture above should be Proverbs 17:17.

Three thoughts:
1. One more time the Universe has put 22 in my world.
2. Who knew that Kim knew the bible that well.
3. Maybe it really was worth $7.99.

7 comments:

Jenn Ann said...

Good catch KT! Rather impressive!

What's Proverbs 22:6?

Kim Thomas said...

Proverbs 22:6: Train a child the way he should go and when he is old he will not turn from it.

This was definitely worth $7.99

My question: What exactly was supposedly established in 1876? Love? Friends? The Bible?

Ruth Anne said...

really good catch

Jane said...

#4 was going to be

What was established in 1876?

FYI that was 48180 days ago

Queen B said...

I have a feeling that KT knows all Bible verses that contain a "22" in them! 22:6 is another great one!

Kim Thomas said...

To Queen B: As a matter of fact I do. One of my favorites:

Genesis 22:22 Kesed, Hazo, Pildash, Jidlaph and Bethuel

Anonymous said...

Ok So before I read the comments I went to my bible to read what Proverbs 22:6 should have been which Kim shows as the second comment.
Then in my effort to find something clever to comment I put in 22:22 for you 22 lovers.

Is this why you guys love 22?

22:22 · A sign from the French hobo or gypsy sign system, meaning here live kind-hearted women.

check out this website at http://www.symbols.com/encyclopedia/22/2222.html

to see what the actual symbol looks like.