Thursday, February 28, 2008

Good bye Alaina Whitaker






.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I am not an American Idol fan, in fact the whole sport of watching American Idol is like watching the World Series for me. You watch the first game to know who the players are and then you watch the last 5 minutes of the final game so you can speak to it at the water cooler.
.
Tonight I got the official intro to watching the 3 tivo'ed days at light speed in my brother's living room. He had already watched it so fast forwarded through the mediocre then watched the good in awe and laughed over the top with the bad.
.
And then the elimination. Who knew it was so emotional. Poor Alaina, Ryan Seacrest did no favors in announcing her departure. She reacted exactly as I would, tears. And sitting there in Joe's living room all I could do is laugh as we paused at the reactions of others.

5 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

"She reacted exactly as I would, tears"

When I read this for some reason all I could do was LOL as I had this picture of Jessica on American Idol then throwing on the tears. LOL.

Anonymous said...

I would sing and prove to Simon that I shouldnt be kicked off (and prove to Ryan that he should marry me)

Anonymous said...

Alaina is an Okie. It's always a sad day to see an Okie go.

Teri said...

i never miss American Idol. two seasons ago there was a gret singer from michigan and I was really sad to see her go. I heard that after she came back to Michigan she was so upset that she started drinking and using drugs. I guess she learned about that in hollywood.

Jinjer said...

I would probably convince Simon to marry me. He is outspoken and rude, but I still think he is hot. Call me crazy! Ryan is too feminine for me...

As for Alaina, she was ok. Didn't impress me all that much. I will admit, I laughed, but it is super sad and if I was her I probably would have cried too!