Thursday, September 15, 2011

Dallas Love Field/SWA Detractor

What I think of Tulsa, Southwest Airlines and Dallas Love Field

This week I had a very last minute emergent trip to Plano. Via email during the meeting in which it was requested Diane and I decided that Southwest had the better options over US Airways. So for the first time ever flying to Dallas I flew into Love Field. Tuesday night when I arrived I was so impressed that I have been a promoter for the past 48 hours. Sara cautiously listened to my optimism and tried to lead me away from using Southwest to Dallas again (the darn Wright Amendment makes it so you have not direct flights from Phx to/from Dallas). She gave me the terrible food choices in El Paso and Tulsa. Doug gave that "I know better smile" and Kim was optimistic since her 6 hour delay 2 weeks ago was less than pleasurable.


Today I left the office at 3:30 pm to Love Field. No traffic, limited toll roads. a gas station near the rental cars, less than a 3 minute wait for shuttle. Indeed I was in love and vowed to never use DFW again (reference text dialogue with my husband below).


4:01 pm Me: Just got to Airport
4:03 pm Tarzan: Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4:04 pm Me: I may never fly in/out of DFW again
4:04 pm Tarzan: Why baby?
4:06 pm Me: Love field so easy no stress
4:07 pm Tarzan: Most excellent love you
4:08 pm Me: Its like Burbank vs LAX
4:09 pm Tarzan: Most excellent


  • INSERT 1 HOUR DELAY AND BRIEF DISAPPOINTED PHONE CALL HERE


  • INSERT GATE AGENT PULL ALL PHX AND ORANGE COUNTY DESTINATION PATRONS OFF PLANE HERE TO REROUTE BECAUSE WE WOULDNT MAKE CONNECTION IN TULSA HERE


  • INSERT PHONE CALL AND GATE AGENT PLACE US ALL ON THE DALLAS PLANE BECAUSE THEY WERE HOLDING THE PLANES IN TULSA
6:09 pm Me: Shutting down ilu

  • INSERT FLIGHT ATTENDANT "IF YOUR FINAL DESTINATION IS ORANGE COUNTY OR PHX PLEASE SEE THE GATE AGENT"

  • INSERT GATE AGENT "WE ARE SORRY FOR THE MISCOMMUNICATION. WE CAN FLY YOU BACK TO DALLAS OR YOU CAN FLY OUT FROM TULSA TOMORROW"

  • INSERT TEARFUL CALL TO KIM HERE

  • INSERT TEARFUL CALL TO ALICE HERE

7:03 pm Me: Stuck in Tulsa, call you soon



Tulsa Park Inn

Are they really this naive in Oklahoma??Since there is no hot water for a bath (and the gate agent suggested this was a bad idea since "you are bathing where other people have stood"), I have no car to explore and I have no tennis shoes to exercise I cleaned my bag out in preparation of my 6:40 AM Flight to Denver followed by my 9:10 Flight to Phx.



My text dialogue to Doug best expresses:


8:32 pm Me: I am no longer a Love Field promoter, stuck in Tulsa. Wont get home until 11 am tomorrow


10:50 pm Doug: Yuck :(


Still can't figure out the lesson I was supposed to learn from the adventure. But I am officially a detractor of Southwest Airlines (hey Dallas agent: ever heard of the truth?) and Love Field (let me pay the money to bring in an engineer to balance your air flow)


The end. Good night.

3 comments:

Sara said...

That is beyond terrible! I have never been stuck in Tulsa and hope never to be :(

DFW is great *sigh*

Diane said...

SWA at Love field major dislike!

Kim Thomas said...

SWA is awesome. Love Field is the problem. The End.