Friday, July 18, 2008

The story behind the flashback friday story

December 26, 2003 was The First Annual Goodwill Day

Instead of the siblings exchanging christmas gifts we exchanged a goodwill outfit.

Instead of the siblings giving the parents gifts we did "goodwill" (which turned into 10 hours of hard labort/service)

Instead of the parents giving the siblings gifts they watched the grandchildren while the siblings went out on a date in the goodwill outfits.

Sidenotes:
  • It was John's first exposure to the Young family and he still married Alice
  • Ruth purchased out my outfit
  • I purchased out Megan's outfit (what a find huh?)
  • I had to crimp my hair to trake away from the fact that I wasnt purposefully wearing an 80's prom gown
  • We never had a Second Annual Goodwill Day

7 comments:

Paula said...

Why no 2nd Annual GoodWill date?
I think that is hilarious!

Ann said...

LMAO!

Anonymous said...

It was a weird day for sure but I think we should do another.

LoSpace said...

need photo(s) of that event!

Queen B said...

"We never had a Second Annual Goodwill Day" RO! no justification needed for crimping hair ;)

Jinjer said...

LMAO! I love the crimped hair look!

Ruth Anne said...

You look great in the dress. I am putting number 2 on the calendar.