Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Monsoon Season


Monsoon Season in Arizona is July-September. For those of you that have never experienced the incredible hot rain down pour it is hard to describe. It literally goes from 104 (and mom I am so hot can I pleaassssssse have a snow cone) to 77 degrees (and mom I am drenched where is the car?) in seconds. The Monsoon hit tonight right before the swim tournament. We couldnt get home soon enough.
My bet is by tomorrow the national news will pick up some moron who decided to drive through the washed out road trying to beat the already flooded streets.

7 comments:

Queen B said...

LOVE monsoon season in AZ. Especially when I'm HOME and watching it come through from somehwere safe and dry :)

And I love the moron reprots. There is definitely never a shortage!

Anonymous said...

I love monsoon season. My favorite and I miss it. I love the smell during it. I love the coolness of it. I love dancing in it.

My favorite.

Ann said...

I love the monsoon.

How sad is it that Arizona actually needs a 'Stupid Motorist Law' specifically for those morons?

Jinjer said...

The hubs and I drove through a monsoon while towing the boat on the way to Laughlin last summer. It was a downpour and hot and windy - I loved it, except that our boat was a muddy mess!

Kim Thomas said...

I have only experienced a couple of times and love it! Like Alice, I'm a rain dancer....lets play!

Anonymous said...

I was only 1 mile away and missed all the fun! Mom

Andrea said...

I've never experienced monsoon in Arizona, I'm sad to say. Does anybody else feel like it is quite an oxymoron to actually have a monsoon in Arizona?