Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sidekick

Last night the Skinner's can over to hang out. Trying to keep from getting overwhelmed from the child count doubling I decided to assign side kicks (coming from a big family this is a survival technique).

I first assigned Jessica and Raea. I then asked Brittney to be Larissa's. The following conversation follows:

Brittney: What does that mean she is my side kick?

Mom: You just make sure she is with you when we go somewhere or help her when she needs to go to the bathroom

Brittney: But mom is she even potty trained?

Mom: She's got a diaper on, but just check with her every once in a while

Mom: Melody, Ethan's your side kick

Melody to Ethan: Your potty trained right?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun for the cousins to be together. Wow - six at one time. What a great Aunt you are...My famous line for you and your 4 siblings & my two - eat and BE QUIET. If I said it once I said it a million times while I stayed with you while your Mom was recuperating when you were all little. I wish I had known about the side kick method. Auntie Em

Paula said...

Wow! You are brave! And a wonderful Aunt!

Andrea said...

Too funny-although we do buddies when it's just us and we are out!

Hope there is good news soon.

Queen B said...

Melody is so smart to ask :) I would have gladly been a sidekick to a non-potty-trained kid if it meant hanging out with Ruth Anne and Jane's families for the day!

Ann said...

LOL! That would have been my first question, too!

Please keep us posted on Herston.

Jinjer said...

I have to say this is an awesome idea, sidekicks!

Anonymous said...

I'm suprised brittney didn't ask if a sidekick meant she got a new phone.

Anonymous said...

I'm suprised brittney didn't ask if a sidekick meant she got a new phone.

KFuj said...

I love this idea!! Great when I am with my 6 little cousins. They are getting older now but would have been helpful when babysitting all of them for weekends.

Ruth Anne said...

Great parenting technique and picture.

And great cousin to ask. Freaking hilarious! Did you reassure her that just because one is supposed to be potty trained means they are?

Anonymous said...

too cute! G'ma Rae