Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Metal Mouth




.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Never having had braces before I do not understand the true pain that Brittney is enduring getting her on today. I am however being super sympathetic. I made soup for dinner and will be serving a smoothie later.
Jessica on the other hand is a terrible tease mocking Brittney's teeth brushing technique and over the house intercom whining, "oh my braces hurt so bad.". Its a shame she is the youngest and in 7 years will have the wrath of a 19 year old to deal with when she gets hers.

9 comments:

Queen B said...

braces are horrible and painful. I was lucky enough to have 2 rounds of them (and my husband marvels now at how straight my teeth are - I would HOPE so!). The first week or two absolutely suck. It does get better, for the most part.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! At least your getting them on before your prime kissing years! I got mine at 17-- do the math.

:)

Jenn Ann said...

Braces are terrible, but they do get better. And they are worth it, as long as you wear your retainers...which I didn't :(

Kim Thomas said...

To Brittney: I feel your pain. I wish they had Jamba Juice when I had mine on, I was stuck with 7-11 slurpies.

Ann said...

Yeah, I had braces for 4 years and I hated every day of having them!

Ditto Jenn Ann, I didn't wear my retainers for more than a few days. I should have.

Paula said...

It does get better!!! I wore them for 3 yrs, 3 mos. It sucks at first, but it really really does get better!

Jinjer said...

I agree with the group, braces are a pain but well worth it and it gets better over time! You are gonna be so happy that you got this out of the way Brittney!

Ruth Anne said...

The one thing I wish I knew during my braces time was WAX! (I only knew it for the last 6 months.)

Anyway, she looks great. Welcome to the teenager rite of passage!

Anonymous said...

But she looks so cute either way. Some day she'll be glad. Love, G'ma Rae