Wednesday, January 30, 2008

If I had a Million Dollars.................

Gordon 's (Bare Naked Ladies) List of Potential purchases for his sweetheart

(If he had a $1,000,000):

A house
Furniture for the house (such as a
chesterfield or an ottoman)
A
Plymouth Reliant K-Car
A
tree fort
A little tiny
fridge to put in the tree fort, (containing pre-wrapped sausages)
A fake
fur coat (because a real fur coat would be cruel)
An exotic pet (such as a
llama or emu)
The remains of
John (Joseph) Merrick (the "Elephant Man")
A
limousine to drive to the store
A lot more
Kraft Dinner (and fancy ketchup - dijon ketchup - to go with it)
A fake green dress (because a real green dress would be cruel - this line is a direct reference to the line about the fur coat)
Some art (a
Picasso or a Garfunkel)
A
monkey
"Your love"


What would you buy?

PS We would all buy a Sydney Lens for David since his sweetheart won't!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The remains of the hunch back of Notre Dame :) :) :) :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

I can think of nothing clever or funny like the Bare Naked Ladies did. I would get out of debt and help those I care about get out of debt too.

Amy

David said...

I wouldn't need $1,000,000 (or $100,000 for that matter) for the Sydney Lens, even though the pictures I would take would naturally be priceless, due to the subject, of course.

Let's put the pressure on the Baby Coordinator and get me that lens!

(I'd put the million away towards a college fund - AFTER I bought the Sydney Lens)

Queen B said...

Yes, I would definitely buy DT a Sydney lens!

With a million, I would pay off my house and cars and then spend a year traveling around the world with my sweetie. I wouldn't even mind blowing the whole million in a year and having to come back to work after that year because that year would be like the Sydney Lens photos... priceless.

Kim Thomas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim Thomas said...

Let it be known that if I had a million dollars I would buy the lens.

More to come....after another sleepless night I will have a list of what I would do with the remaining $999,000.

Anonymous said...

Ou season tickets and the travel arrangements to all the games.

Paula said...

Two things:
1. A new matress. I can't bring myself to buy one since we bought one only 4 years when pregnant with Princess M. But I really hate this one now.
2. A super-duper camera because I love taking pictures.

David--I don't know you or Kim in anyway other than blogging, but my heart is going out to you. I really hope you get whatever type of lens you are hoping for.

Jinjer said...

I would run through a mill in probably 2 hours tops!! But I would first buy the Sydney Lens! No honestly, I would just put it in the bank because I don't need too much of anything right now, which is cool. But a million bucks would be fun fun fun.

Kim Thomas said...

If I had a million dollars I would move to a larger house (in Pasadena), pay it off and put the rest in savings.

Oh, I also might get that BMW.

Jenn Ann said...

Ditto QB (as usual) :)

I'd also buy a "Sydney lens" for me, because one day I'd like to have a few Sydneys (as in children, not children named Sydney) of my own...crossing fingers.

Teri said...

This is such an exciting post! If I won a million dollars I would do all of these things:

1. Quit my job at Rite Aid
2. Buy a new house with a dishwasher and two working bathrooms
3. buy a new van
4. I would buy doug jr a decent car and then sell his old truck
5. I think I would buy a motorhhome and go on two month long trip to go visit my blogger friends.