Friday, January 4, 2008

Almira Says

Today while searching for Disney Princess Quotes (long story) I came upon the meaning of Belle and Aurora. This sparked my curiosity and I started checking other Princesses

Ariel - Lion of God
Aurora- Dawn
Belle - Beautiful
Cinderella - Little Ash Girl
Giselle - Hostage
Jasmine - Jasmine
Pocahontas - She is playful
Brittney -Land of the Britons
Jessica - Debated Meanings
Melody -Melody
Sydney-Wide Meadow

Since Giselle was highlighted recently, I was particullary interested in her name. Maybe she wasnt safe in my car afterall.

Are you a princess? http://www.babynamesworld.com/

5 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

Kimberly-Forest Clearing
Kim-Regal Hill
Ann-Grace

and...there is no champ but there is a champa

Champa-Soothing

I have so many other comments but I will let them be silent ;)

Queen B said...

I am a Princess! Sara means Princess. Sadly, Disney has never capitalized on this ;)

Anonymous said...

This hostage- Giselle- safety -- issue is very funny.

Kim Thomas said...

I sense a princess Sara sometime soon.

Anonymous said...

Paula = Small, Humble (of which, I am neither)

Mollie = Uncertain, maybe bitter (of which, my daughter is neither--well, she's a little bitter about her lil' brother sometimes, but not usually)

Guess our names aren't always fitting.