Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Cheetos

I like Cheetos. Alot in fact. My admiration of Cheetos came from growing up watching my mom making this her snack of choice (a small bag with a diet coke), or a great stress release after a bad client or terrible inventory.

I too love a small bag of cheetos to take that craving salt edge off.

This was all before puffs were invented. And even further before Flamin' Hot Puffs were invented. As much as I like Cheetos, I despise the puffy flaming hot ones. I am convinced these were invented by some mischievous child grown into an adult who wanted to make sure their mother wouldn't steal their snack.

Tonight after a great work out, wanting just a little salty something I open the pantry and find Chester Cheeto I'm a Puff staring at me. That mischievous inventor (and Melody) win again. I'm not touching those things.

And here I sit with my Calorie Free, No Caffeine Diet Creamy Root Beer Hansen's Soda.

10 comments:

Ann said...

Cheetos ROCK!

Jenn Ann said...

With you on the non puffy, non flaming cheetos...not so much on the no fun beverage!

Kim Thomas said...

While I grew up with my mom serving Cheetos to the entire family that loved them I NEVER tried them till about 5 years ago. The reason? They turn your hands orange-yuck.

So anyway, 5 years I tried them and realized while I would have had messy orange hands as a kid I definitely missed out. Melody, had me try these flaming cheetos-not so good. The only ones I eat are the crunchy cheetos.

Queen B said...

I love Cheetos, too. And Ruffles, and Doritos, and Fritos. Love chips/salty things, in general.

The husband and BIL require there to be chips in my house, and the husband is aware that I HATE having them around because I'm the one who ends up eating them (usually while watching the Biggest Loser).

Last time I was going shopping, the husband asked me what type of chips I would not eat. I recommended the Flaming Cheetos, after hearing you say how disgusting they are. I thought this would be GREAT because the husband loves hot stuff (and cheetos, of course).

His reply? "Ugh. Those things are gross." sigh... more Ruffles in my house and in my mouth.

Megan said...

I actually like the puffs! I think I like them better than the crunchy cheetos. Should I be admitting this?? Please don't hate me!

Paula said...

I like cheetos and puffs...but my fave was the limited edition
Cheesy Enchilada Cheetos---those were AWESOMEST BESTEST SNACK FOOD EVER ON THE PLANET

Paula said...

Gman would devour an entire bag if I'd let him, Princess wouldn't touch 'em

Teri said...

we love cheetos too! doug jr will eat everykind but I dont like the flaming hot ones very much. When we gave these to Nalia I thought she was going to be sick. I miss her but don't miss her food choices.

Andrea said...

I am right there with you!! I LOVE Cheetos!! Can't stand the flaming ones, but love both the crunchy and the regular puffy ones!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess everyone already knows I love the crunchy Cheetos - only! I never knew anyone who like the puffs until Megan. But, I still love her. My second favorite is Harvest Cheddar SunChips. If you are a sales person or for some other reason have to point to things in your presentation orange fingertips can be a little embarrassing - but worth it. MOM