Thursday, June 12, 2008

Round Mound of Rebound

Back in the day (1994), we were Suns fiends. So much so that when driving to Minnesota we stopped on the way there, found a bar (where my mom was carded - that's a whole other blog) and watched the Suns versus the Bulls in the finals. Charles Barkley was my favorite. Called by the media as the Governor of Alabama who would speak his mind on anything, called by critics as the "round mound of rebound".
Ok fast forward 14 years.

We all age. We all gain and lose weight. Poor Charles. In his latest on TV interview I kept looking at him thinking "blue round mound". While on air Michael Jordon texted him to tell him he looked like a big blueberry. He may be right.

7 comments:

Ann said...

If he were shorter, he could have been an Oompa Loompa! :)

Queen B said...

LOL, Ann!

Jane - he's my fave player. I used to have a few of his posters hanging in my room with his memorable quotes on them :)

Paula said...

Ann--that's funny!!
He has gotten to be a big one hasn't he?!

Jinjer said...

He does look like a blueberry! Too funny!!

Andrea said...

Did you ever see him and Michael Jordan on Oprah together? I have never laughed so hard!

Kim Thomas said...

Who Knew? (OK, I sort of did) Next time you visit I'll take you to Barkley's for dinner.

Anonymous said...

Skip the other Blog story - actually I wasn't carded - that was the sad part - because the smart alec punk kid didn't think "G'ma needed to be carded". Oh well - everyone loves me. Mom