Monday, June 23, 2008

Chef of the Year


About a month ago I put two potatoes in the oven, shortly thereafter I went to bed. The 12 hour baked potatoes were so unrecognizable that I filed it away as a lesson learned (you know, when cooking remember that you are).

Yesterday morning I was making breakfast and Jessica requested hard boiled eggs. I told her they take too long to cook but I would start them boiling for lunch. Fast forward 2.5 hours. We are watching a movie and we hear a loud noise in the kitchen. I jump over the back of the couch (Against the rules which Jessica reminds me of later). And run into the kitchen to see an egg explode. Oh dear 2.5 hour cooked eggs are worse than 12 hour baked potatoes.

Jessica's last comment (after scolding me again for jumping over the back of the couch) was, "arent hard bolied eggs supposed to be cooked in water?"

10 comments:

Ann said...

LMAO!!! Maybe you should take some lessons from QB's husband! ;)

Jinjer said...

O-M-G!!! TOOOOOO funny!!

Anonymous said...

We must be friends. I have done this exact same thing. I have been unable to scrub the burnt boiled egg marks from the pan. A constant reminder to not get distracted. What a smell!

Love you,
Amy

Kim Thomas said...

This is why I don't make hard boiled eggs. This is why I use the kitchen timer.

Jenn Ann said...

Two words: Dream Dinners :)

Ruth Anne said...

I totally had to call Mom to remember how to cook them. Funny~

Paula said...

maybe its a Rand thing...recall my Christmas PB cookies baked @ 375 for 30 min?

Anonymous said...

It is totally time for a kitchen timer. I don't want to worry about you every minute. Mom

Queen B said...

lol, my initial reply was going to be, "as someone banned from knife usage, I don't believe I am allowed to comment on the chef skills of others." However, after pondering, even I can make hard boiled eggs ;) love ya!

Sydney Thomas said...

I don't think I'll let Aunt Jane make my formula