Wednesday, June 25, 2008

IT Geeks

I have now worked in IT for just over 2 years. I often make fun of the non-creativity of my peers and the fact that blue shirts is their attire of choice (I have only seen the Chief Technology Architect wear this color of blue). Don't ask how I wound up wearing the uniform today and got caught in the hallway with 2 twins.

Other amusing things to look at: badges on the waste (a no no in the health care setting, blackberries on the hip (and of course mine is on the left side up front and visible), matching glasses. At least I have my lap top and I'm not wearing a white t-shirt.

11 comments:

Ann said...

When I first started working there in '05, we used to joke that the blue shirt was the Perot-bot uniform! LOL!

Queen B said...

ooh, I love blue shirt Wednesday! In Cali we also had purple shirt Thursdays and yellow shirt Tuesdays.

Kim Thomas said...

One of the very first things Jane said to me was: "Why do you have your badge on your waste? It draws attention downward when you want people to look at your face." Then she proceeded to take it off my belt and move it to my collar.

Jenn Ann said...

I don't wear a badge, but if I did I'd rather it be on my waist than on my chest. No need to draw (any more) attention there!

BTW the official Staples-VP uniform is the same with a navy blue sport coat thrown on!

Andrea said...

Can I just say ONE MORE TIME how much I dig your glasses? Loved the shopping pic!

Sydney Thomas said...

No matter what my Aunt Jane is wearing she is always a Hot IT Chick

Jinjer said...

I love the blue...I am actually glad you posted this because I saw your facebook status today and was wondering what IT blue was!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Are you given the blue shirt when you are hired or did you all go shopping together?

Amy

Paula said...

Hey, I happen to like my IT "geeks".

Anonymous said...

Do all IT's have a waste not a waist? Blue and khaki looks great - red and khaki, well that is a different story. It's late, Mom

Anonymous said...

Good point mom. Good point.