Monday, September 10, 2007

Rust-Oleum


I used to be creative. Quilts, craft projects, sewing for the County Fair. Melody even has the quote, "It's not a project until mom gets burned (that's years of hot glue on skin)". I forgot the pleasure associated with making something new again.

Recently I have discovered the joy of spray paint (Trusted Quality since 1921; any angle spray with comfort tip). Black spray paint to be exact (ideal for indoor and outdoor: Wood, Metal, Wicker and More).

Now, I am not new to spray paint. In fact, in June I spray painted the rod iron fence around the front door. In July I spray painted the iron lawn furniture.

In September: watch out 8 cans later I have refurnished all of my Craig's List furniture (dresser, chest, drawers, mirror), I have used the fast drying Painters Touch for my Goodwill treasures (2 wine racks, 3 candle holders).

PS DANGER EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE VAPORS HARMFUL

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are creative. My mother-in-law was here a couple of months ago and slept with your jean quilt you made me. She was shocked you made in it less than a month!

Alice

Kim Thomas said...

I am still waiting to see what the final outcome will be of the Goodwill dresser you purchased in July.

PS I find myself wondering what harm will come from all those vapors? Maybe it will turn your eyeliner blue?

Ann said...

I don't think the vapors are as harmful as they're made out to be! LOL!

Ruth Anne said...

I spray painted our crib white. The furniture looked pretty cool.

Jenn Ann said...

I'm been so tempted to try a little spray paint on a particular end table but wasn't sure...this has me convinced!!

Anonymous said...

Great blog and apparantly you have other talents as well. Would love to know more.