Friday, September 28, 2007

The Elves and The Shoemaker

Yesterday

6 AM

I had a day trip to Pasadena. My mom came over to get the kids off to school. As I left the house I looked into the laundry room and thought, "Darn, I need to get those clothes cleaned (4 baskets-scattered like a diaster throughout the small room)".


615 AM

On the way to the airport I called Sears. Another Darn. The washer and dryer I ordered 2 weeks ago won't be delivered until October 14. I guess I'll have to do the laundry at mom's house.


325 PM

Plane delayed (this deserves a blog in itself, 5 hours in the Burbank airport and then 1 at the Phoenix was a very interesting social experiment)


1045 PM

I finally get home, exhausted as I crawl into bed. Darn the sheets need to be cleaned. I really need that washer and dryer.


Today

615 AM

I make the decision to call a couple places to see if I can get a washer and dryer sooner and cancel the ones coming from Sears. The thought of taking those baskets out of the house is too much to handle. I walk into the kitchen to get my phone and sitting on the floor is a basket with folded laundry. I go into the once laundry strewn room and there is nothing on the floor. Thanks mom! I love you!


9 comments:

Ann said...

What a great Mom!!! You're very fortunate!

Anonymous said...

Does your mom ever travel to California. I would like for her to stop by. Can I leave a list.

Anonymous said...

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us when adversity takes the place of prosperity when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.

Anonymous said...

This brought a smile to my face and a warmness is my heart. I love our mom so much! We are so lucky and she is so thoughtful to do this for you.

Alice

Jenn Ann said...

Your mom ROCKS!!! Does she want to travel to CA? My mom does bathrooms for random acts of momness. We can work out a trade :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you - I do love you! (and all my kids). How lucky you are. You have 3 sisters, a brother and a Mom and Dad who would crawl through glass for you if you ever needed anything. That is the great thing about families! (Especially ours). When friends come and go your family is always there.

Mom

Kim Thomas said...

Theres nothing better than mom.

Teri said...

Oh what a lovely story. I love someone who appreciates their mother! Mary Ella and Lisa Marie should take lessons from you!

Anonymous said...

Aren't moms the best!!! My mom does stuff like that too from time-to-time...maybe its a Rand-sister thing? they always seem to know the EXACT moment when you really need something like that!

Paula