Thursday, September 13, 2007

Acronyms Before Noon Today

I was in a meeting today at 10:00 am. The powerpoint slide said GPM. My boss and I asked what what it meant. The presenter responded another TLA and then laughed. At that point I started a list of acronyms that were used in meetings until noon.

I know what they mean, I what words mean
TLA (Third Letter Acronym)
GPM (Global Project Methodology)
LSF9 (Lawson System Function 9)
LBI (Lawson Business Intelligence)
PMO (Project Management Office)
PRC-EA (Patient REvenue Cycle - Enterprise Application)
CHSB (Community Hospital - San Bernadino)
WAD (Working as designed)
GA (Generally Available)
SGL (Service Group Leader)
FAS (Finance Administrative System)
DBA (Data Base Administrator)

I know what they mean, but don't know what words mean
SQL
RMI
IESC
RAC
BODI
CFA
BMC

Still don't know what they mean
MSCM
CBR
EDI
NSCM

7 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

Absolutely the Best!

Some of my usual (non-work) acronyms:

RO
SFIL
SNFIL
WNTW
ROD
NPL
ILY

and a new one (just invented) which can be used to describe any time of food that I decide is disgusting:

CC (Cottage Cheese)

Ruth Anne said...

The mother of all acronyms doesn't know those? Hmm, I am surprised.

Jenn Ann said...

We actually made a list for new hires at work because we have so many acronyms. How sad is that?!

Anonymous said...

I also have a list of acronyms used at work which currently has 170 acronyms on it. There are still many more that can be added.

Queen B said...

LMAO :)

Ann said...

I love this blog!

BTW- IESC = IT Executive Steering Committee

Teri said...

I really don't know where I have been-ha ha probably coloma, michigan is the reason but i don't know any of these. I do use lol though.