Thursday, February 23, 2012

Grocery Payment

I cant tell you the last time I used a check at a retail location. (Really the only checks that get written are for the piano teacher, tutor, kid transport etc.).

So yesterday I needed to go grocery shopping (I also cant tell you the last time I went to the grocery store). REM and I get ready to go and I realize I left my wallet in the car that Tarzan drove to the office. No problem, I have an emergency credit card in my car for these situations (except for when it is lost and cant be found). Checkbook it is. Now the ID problem. What problem? Tarzan has a color copy of my license in the car with my gym card (lord knows why 24 Hour fitness requires ID, but my previoius annoiyance slipped quickly when I realized it would save my life today).

While we are checking out I start to write the name "Sprouts" on the check. The cashier tells me, oh you dont have to do that any more we just run it through our system. (Wow it has been a long time). I then coyly said, "Really, when was the last time someone gave you a check." His response?

"A couple times a day, usually it old couples shopping together".

Glad I was with REM.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I've been routinely writing 3 checks - lawn guy, housekeepers, hair stylist. I'm down to just 1 of those these days :)

Kim Thomas said...

LMAO, I have actually experienced this same thing. The reaction was about the same.