Thursday, April 3, 2008

Zim Zam Champion of the World

Zim Zam was the best child hood game ever. It consists of a metal stick with a coil at the top and a tennis ball at the end of a string that you use a paddle to compete. The winner uses the paddle to send the tennis ball either all the way to the top or all the way to the bottom of the coil. YES I was The Zim Zam Champion of the World (followed closely by big sis).



When Zim Zam and kick the can was replaced with movies and Kirk's Drive In the toy itself was tossed aside and discarded (insert sad music here). Tami and I have been looking for a replacement Zim Zam for years. Fortunately it is 2008 (it is great) and upon happenstance found a replacement game, Swing Ball, at my local Costco.


The only thing better than being the Zim Zam Champion of the World is watching my daughter conquer one competitor after another and take over the title (only second to her mother).

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the both of you! You know the old saying..... like mother like daughter! :)

Kim Thomas said...

I have never played Zim Zam....or heard of it...

Anonymous said...

Way to go!

Ann said...

Never heard of it, but it sounds fun!

Ruth Anne said...

You would think that we weren't related because I had never heard of Zim Zam.

(However, I am encouraged of our genetic connection due to the able to rock the athletic world!)

Jinjer said...

How is it that I have never heard of or even seen Zim Zam? Looks fun though! :)

Queen B said...

I'm on the boat of never heard of it before, but it looks like everyone is having fun!

I can't believe Ruth Anne hasn't heard of it, with you having had the World Title and all. Was there not a celebration parade??

Kim Thomas said...

P.S.

Nobody has heard of it, even the sister....I would just like everyone to know that I am the world champion of all the games I have imagined too, included Kim Kam.

Paula said...

Maybe the name is a regional thing....we called it Tether Ball, and I was pretty good at it too, although I have no doubt Jane would've kicked my butt at it...she usually does everything better than me.

Anonymous said...

Actually, Tether Ball was the predecessor to ZimZam. Tether Ball has a large ball similar to a volley ball tethered to the top of a pole. The object is to wrap the ball around the pole your direction first. ZimZam has a small ball and a coil at the top of the pole and a paddle to hit it with. Yes, I was the Tether Ball champion! So, it really does run it the family. Love, Mom