Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Friends for a Season, Reason and Lifetime

After a long drawn out discussion about celebrating birthday's for her BFF's on Ann's blog with KT (How can Ann have 3 BFF's?) I have come to the following conclusion about friends that I felt compelled to share on the blog.

When I was Young (the first time around), I used to believe in the concept of one best friend. This was until someone introduced the concept of friends for a season, reason and a lifetime. When I became a Young (the second time around), I found out that if you allow your heart to open up, you will be shown the best in many friends.

One friend is needed when you're going through things with your "wasband".
Another friend is needed when your family is driving you crazy
One friend is your crazy family
Another will sit beside you in the auditorium (or swim tournament) and enjoy watching your childrens activities as much as you do

One will meet your spirtual needs, one is a bargain shopper, one is so damn funny you can't stand it, one shares your shoe fetish, another your disdain for purses and one or two will exercise with you.

I share love for Brad Paisely with one and the love of Frey with another. One is cousin who really is your sister. And sisters that are there forever. One gives advice another calls me for it. Everyday I grow closer to daughters who will are becoming the best of friends and thank God for a mother who is the best!

I am in awe of the choices and strength of the women who have been friends since Plain City, Wahlquist, Weber, Gateway, ASSRT, ASRT, Scottsdale, Maricopa, Perot. Not for for the season or reason but because they all have a best trait,

How lucky am I to have shared, healed, changeds joked and just to have so many best friends!

13 comments:

Jinjer said...

Wow, this is an awesome post. I agree 100% that you can have many best friends. This warmed my heart :)

Paula said...

Great post! Very touching. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like you it was the best conversation you've ever had.

I am blessed to have you in my life.

Love you!

Jenn Ann said...

I'm still with KT on this... (I read her post first). While I have very many good friends (which are my "bests" in various categories), there's only one BFF.

Anonymous said...

One can never have too many friends! Mom

Anonymous said...

Your post is so true...friends help us survive as the world goes around. Auntie Em

KFuj said...

I love this blog, it is great!

I agree I have 2 best friends! One on the east coast and one on the west coast! Both are equally amazing and I have known each of them since I was like 5 years old! They are Best Friends for Life!!

Queen B said...

yay, friends :)

Kim Thomas said...

I guess I need to develop a shoe fetish, I think I have mastered the rest ;)

Ruth Anne said...

I used to agree with "friends for a season, reason, and lifetime" as you taught me from a very early age. I believe it does a good job of explaining all the best friends that enter your life and why you may not talk to them a couple years later.

Anyway, great to have friends.

Anonymous said...

happy to be one of the best

Ann said...

Thank you!

I agree...KT needs to develop some other kind of fetish: shoes, PURSES, etc. :)

Teri said...

this is so beautiful.