Thursday, April 10, 2008

Olympic Torch Relay - Liz's Guest Spot




.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"If you have kept up with the news you may know that the Olympic Torch is only touching U.S. soil in San Francisco. What you may not know is that the starting point of the Olympic Torch Run is just about 500 yards away from the CHW SF-Corp (China Basin Landing) building, and Lloyd Dean is the event co-chair.

I (Liz) made just a few pictures with my cell from the 3rd floor window to give you an impression. The actual run starts at 1PM. Let’s hope it remains peaceful."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get the whole protesting thing and that's fine but I think it is really uncool to be violent.

What does that prove? Let the runner carry the torch for goodness sake! The runner can't free Tibet.

Ann said...

I agree with Alice...there is a right way to protest and violence will not do.

Kim Thomas said...

I was watching a show on ETV that reminds of Liz.

Anonymous said...

I agree but it is time we do something - there just aren't very many Tibeten's left to give them their country back to. Where was everyone when China was slaughtering and displacing all these peaceful people.
Rae

Queen B said...

Wow, that is really neat, Liz!