Wednesday, April 2, 2008

20 Useless Body Parts

I was the kid that kept asking my mother why we had an appendix (that was after she told me not to swallow gum or watermelon seeds because it would cause my appendix to rupture).

I was pissed when I had to get wisdom teeth out. Why do we have them?

My sinus infections have been driving me crazy.

And then I discover the list...................

(This list was was originally drafted by Jocelyn Selim)

VOMERONASAL ORGAN
EXTRINSIC EAR MUSCLES
WISDOM TEETH
NECK RIB
THIRD EYELID
DARWIN’S POINT
SUBCLAVIUS MUSCLE
PALMARIS MUSCLE
MALE NIPPLES
ERECTOR PILI
APPENDIX
BODY HAIR
PLANTARIS MUSCLE
THIRTEENTH RIB
MALE UTERUS
FIFTH TOE
FEMALE VAS DEFERENS
PYRAMIDALIS MUSCLE
COCCYX
PARANASAL SINUSES

Damn that I had to have a broken tail bone, and Grant I dont mind the hair.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have two thoughts.... One is your wisdom teeth show a sign of well you guessed it wisdom. Once removed well lets just say its dead air space and a whole lot of hellllllllllo there :-)

Second thought... have you heard of your third eye? Being greek my thought was a well a mythical creature but who knew it was an inner voice that talked to you :)

Kim Thomas said...

How about Pelvic bones that are not properly aligned?

Jenn Ann said...

This is where I'll prove I'm a geek...

is erector pili supposed to be arrector pili? That's what makes your hair stand up when you get goose bumps.

Anonymous said...

I am glad I have my wisdom teeth or I would have enough teeth. But I've never missed my tonsils or adenoids. Do they have any real purpose? Mom

Anonymous said...

that is - "not enough teeth" it is time for bed. Good night! Mom

Paula said...

I don't even know what some of those are!!! But, yes, it is a wonder we have parts that we don't need. I'm guessing that many generations before us though, they were need a lot---kinda makes ya wonder "What in the h&!! were they doin'?"

Jinjer said...

I am curious about the third eyelid??

Ruth Anne said...

Quite a controversial list. Without Grant's wisdom teeth, he would have had to get braces.

Male nipples do have a purpose. Nuff said.

And several of those items are not natural to all human beings, so I think there should be a second list of "Useless body parts that people have as a birth defect."

Ann said...

I agree with Ruth Anne: Male nipples do indeed have a purpose.

I suffered a broken tailbone 15 years ago or more, and it still gives me trouble!

Paula said...

Tell the story of why you karmacly had to break your tail bone so that I would be the one with 2 months of PT instead....