Sunday, April 18, 2010

Kissing Cousins

Some things trigger a funny bone

Cousin Marriage:

Arizona
Yes, cousin marriages are allowed. First cousins may marry if both are 65 or older. If one is over the age of 55 they can marry if they show proof to a superior court judge that one of them is unable to have children.

California
One of 21 states where it is legal to marry your first cousin

Kentucky
One of 24 states where it is prohibited to marry your first cousin

Maine
If couple obtains a physician's certificate of genetic counseling.

Nevada
Not nearer of kin than second cousins or cousins of half blood.

North Carolina
First cousin marriage is legal. Double cousin marriage is prohibited

8 comments:

Queen B said...

what's a double cousin? Wait... I don't think I want to know.

Andrea said...

Louisiana "officially" abolished in 1948. Why do I know this?!

Diane said...

Shocked it is legal in California and not Kentucky.

Fire Hunt said...

I don't know if I want to know that but thank you...lol

Kim Thomas said...

I have never kissed my cousin

Amy said...

I had a crush on someone whom I later found out was my cousin. Kind of ruined it for me.

Andrea said...

I have the same question as the Queen...but I DO want to know....

Amy said...

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_double_cousin_marriage&alreadyAsked=1&rtitle=What_is_double_cousin_marriage