Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Merry Thanksgiving :/

This weekend i bought BIG Christmas presents for the girls. (I decided to start a new tradition and give them their christmas presents at Thanksgiving since they arent with me for Christmas this year). Since Thanksgiving is only 1 1/2 weeks away I decided to hide the BIG presents in my bathroom rather than an offsite location.

I am now reaping the pain of that choice.

Yesterday I move them all in there block my bedroom door and lock the outside door. I go on my merry way until last night at 1030 I decide I want a bath. Damn the key doesnt work.

I then proceeded to go through every key I have. Have you ever been in your house but locked out of your bedroom? (I just wanted a hot bath)

I slept in the guest bed and used the guest shower. Locksmith will be here at 7:00 so I can be dressed for work, but my hair will be crappy today.

Next time it gets stored at grandma's house.

9 comments:

Queen B said...

oh no! that's awful

you're such a good mom

Anonymous said...

Classic.

Ruth Anne said...

Wow, that sucks! I vote for grandma's house, too. Too bad I have never bought anything that big for my kids to need her.

Anonymous said...

I never did like locking interior doors. G'ma's house is always available - but I better make getting rid of clutter a bigger priority. Mom

Paula said...

The first thing that came to my mind was "Doh!'

Diane said...

Your hair looked great.

Ann said...

Hysterical! What a good Mom you are!

Kim Thomas said...

The best mom! The funniest story! ILY!

Anonymous said...

Do you not have an attic? You can stash all kinds of stuff there. We've told Paula & Jesse to be sure and go to the attic when we are gone. Jesse says no - the house sells AS IS.... Auntie Em