Monday, November 10, 2008

First Grade Homework

Jessica and I were doing her homework the other day. I was so interested in this particular work that my mind was wondering across the page. As I wondered from house to house and person to person I came across Mrs. Rivera. On the surface Mrs. Rivera looks like a nice enough person. However I was bothered that she looked like she was walking backwards. Since I wasn't paying full attention to the assignment at hand I didn't say anything.

As we are wrapping it up Jessica says, "Mom why is Mrs. Rivera's feet on backwards"

Darn good question.



10 comments:

Ann said...

She's observant!

I'd rather be dealing with 1st grade homework...we have 5th grade homework...arghh!!!

Paula said...

I'm doing pretty good at passing 7th grade so far. Considering it's been 25 years since I had it the first time.....

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. Poor Ms. Riveria!

Queen B said...

I have an answer, but I don't think it's acceptable so I'm just gonna say nothing....

*nothing*

Andrea said...

The Queen has my curiosity piqued now...

Perhaps Mrs. Rivera wasn't walking backwards so much as she was having some sort of Exorcist fit and her head was just twisting completely around on her body when the artist captured this rendition...

KFuj said...

I would tell her that when machine are printing tons of pages like this, they make mistakes. Who the heck really knows!

Anonymous said...

I think she passed the 1st grade observance test with flying colors. Mom

Kim Thomas said...

I want to know why Mrs Rivera isn't wearing a Chargers jersey.

Christine said...

I would have said, no honey, she just has eyes on the back of her head and then leave her to question why other parts were on backwards then, too

Queen B said...

yeah, my explanation was related to trouble at home with her alcoholic husband...