Monday, August 18, 2008

Fresh and Easy

Every time I go to my parents house something blogworthy occurs. Let it be said that the majority of the time out of respect for the cornerstone of the family I do not document these happenings. However, this evening i find that I must.
.

I walk into the house and see Ruth's shoes. Immediately the camera comes out with the "where the heck did those come from" (in case you care she got them free after her half marathon). A conversation about shoes follows.

Mom then opens the dishwasher. Ruth defending her honor says, "If you are going to take a picture of my shoes then you should take a picture of those".

Mom to Dad: "Why are your shoes in the dishwasher"
Dad to Mom: "I had to have someway to clean the dog poop off the shoes"
Mom to Dad: "DAVID! I so didn't need to know that"
Dad to Mom: "Aww I'm just kidding"

12 comments:

Paula said...

Why do a doubt that he's kidding?

Queen B said...

RO! I'm so glad this got blogged!

Jenn Ann said...

YAY for families that give us great blog material! :)

Andrea said...

I NEVER thought to put my shoes in the dishwasher...

Great story!!

Ruth Anne said...

Half of the dishes were put away when the comment was made.

So glad to have witnessed it go down!

Jinjer said...

OMG this is hilarious! I too have never thought to put shoes in the DW, but good to know...

Ann said...

Your Dad is a riot!

Andrea said...

Your parents could BE my parents!

Anonymous said...

Life is never boring around our house! Mom

Kim Thomas said...

This is so funny....

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... this is a very interesting story. But I do love Charlie the dog, dad, and dishwashers.

Anonymous said...

Leave it to your dad to think of putting shoes in the dishwasher.


Amy