Monday, August 4, 2008

I can be......a soccer coach















Grandma bought Jessica a new Barbie set last week. Jessica and I played for hours; I got to be the 2 children being coached (note that the set comes with all the appropriate accessories for playing soccer - including juice boxes - we were so glad that the brush was bigger than both of the children's heads.

On the outside of the box (Who writes this stuff?):

Coaching soccer is the best1 The girls love to run around, and it's a great way to stay in shape! Someday you can be a soccer coach too!

What Grandma doesn't know is that when we went to Wal-Mart Barbie section to buy a Barbie for a birthday party Melody proudly reported that Grandma got a better deal at Fry's. Perhaps this box would read

Shopping is the best! I can be..........a bargain shopper!

10 comments:

KFuj said...

I loved Barbie when I was a kid. I can't wait to have girls so I can play with them!

Anonymous said...

I don't like Barbies however I would like to be a soccer coach and a bargain shopper.

Anonymous said...

If you think the Barbie was a good deal, you should see the deal we got on the Magic set! Plus, it entertained them for a long time. Mom

Ruth Anne said...

I can't do it. I can't go on a rampage about how much I hate this. People may cry.

But seriously, nothing is more annoying that a stupid Barbie coach that doesn't know soccer.

Oops, some slipped out.

Katelin said...

oh barbies, never ceased to entertain me as a kid.

Kim Thomas said...

I'm with Alice but those juice boxes completely crack me up as does the huge brush.

Queen B said...

love barbies, though those are awfully purple. LOVE the giant brushes and juice boxes. Barbie is so amazing... she's had like a zillion careers and still finds time to coach soccer to stay in such great shape. wow

Anonymous said...

I don't follow you Ruth Anne, it's a good thing Barbie is encouraging girls sports and leadership as a coach - and Barbie is as smart as we teach her to be to our young girls. Sounds like Jane had a prime opportunity to encourage Barbie to be a good coach so Jessica could see a good role model... As far a good deal - Grandma's are pretty good at finding deals. Grandma Y is probably the best at good deals. Auntie Em

Jinjer said...

I loved Barbie when i was younger. And I also played soccer from 4 years old to 22 years old...SO...I would have definitely loved the soccer themed barbie!

Andrea said...

I LOVED Barbies when I was growing up, but I had the white trash Barbies...hmmm maybe I'll blog about my Barbies when I was a kid...