Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Advance This


I was sitting in a meeting this week with a guy who had a BlackBerry (this rarely happens anymore - Droid, iPhone and the Dell Venue Pro trump in my world).

His red light was blinking that he had a message. At that moment I really started missing my blackberry alerts on my Pearl (still the best phone I have ever owned)

What I miss most

-Alerts (texts from my children would blink purple)

-The ability to carry in my bra (both smaller footprint and sweat didn't matter)

-BBM (as Sara sighs)

-The ability to program all conference calls (vs writing the number on your hand)

-Discrete photography/discrete send

-Ease of answering email

-great syncing of contacts from Outlook

-kept text cued up and would send mid air when there was a wireless spot (in airspace)

What I have gained since the untimely retirement and poor strategy of RIM and acquisition of my Droid

-GPS (never get lost)

-Word feud

-Draw something

- Blogger

-super mega pixel camera always in hand

Sigh


6 comments:

Sara said...

totally agree! I miss y'all on bbm. I miss the autotext on the pearl. agree... best phone I ever had.

Sara said...

Abacus is on bberry :)

Sara said...

Can I have both an ABBA and Abacus? ;)

Diane said...

That would be nice if the rezound could have alert colors like purple instead of only green.

Andrea said...

I'm torn as I love my blackberry to BBM with Sara but love my Droid for the interface, although the Droid battery life sucks....

Kim Thomas said...

I so miss the Pearl. Your alerts were purple...discrete photography is missed