Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Jane Says: She made me do it for beauty




BEFORE AND AFTER
The topic of the week has been my sister made me do it. My slight revision is, she made me to it for beauty. My sister, 7 years younger provides the appropriate fashion advice to keep me beautiful. Cut the bangs, grow the bangs. This is how your arch should look when you wax your brows. No, no; do not wear those exercise socks! Most important was the permanent eyeliner that she did and in an attempt to have eyes as beautiful as hers in any situation I endured this painstaking beauty activity (note the word pain) to have the freshly placed make up look.


I have never regretted the permanent eyeliner (tattoo on your eyelids, above and below). It has served me well and the hour and half time commitment (oh did I mention you have to go back 3 weeks later for another hour of pure torture?) of hell has paid make many dividends in compliments. So much so that my sister in law then did it, her sister did it, her cousin did it, Ann did it. And now Kim has done it.


The bravest so far was the champ. No twitching at all when the tattoo needle was entering in and out of her skin like that of a sewing machine needle. She did not scream aloud after the needle goes back over the same area which is already raw and red. She laughed in the face of danger and continued to text throughout the painful ordeal. The results are amazing. Though a little swollen at the moment (and a little goopy from the Vaseline) her eyes already look gorgeous. I can’t wait to sit in a hot sauna with the new and improved Hot Champion.


And what did she say after I made her do it. “That wasn’t so bad.”

No comments: