Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My Half Birthday

This post has nothing to do with my half birthday (except that this story and epiphany happened on Wednesday, July 25 which just happened to be my half birthday).At 937 am I was sitting in a conference room at work. I got some news that was very exciting. I yelled, not once but 4 times. I yelled in such glee that it was hard to tell if I was happy or sad or in danger. All of a sudden there were several people from the next conference room over running to me to see if I was ok. In that moment I laughed and went downstairs away from the embarassment and commotion.

A little while later the ephiphany came. I wasn't yelling help, more of a general scream. Why would they run to me and not away from me? What if there was danger in the room, these well wishers would be running into a doomed fate.

Just a thought.

No comments: