Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Jane's House


Yesterday CEM sent me a text about cucumbers that was blog worthy.  I laughed and told a coworker who looked at me with the "hmmm okay look"


A couple hours later I went to a yoga studio as planned by Mairee. I made a comment about Jane as a nickname and she had no clue.  Trying to explain something that is almost two decades old that is so apart of your past and influential still in daily thought (yes CEM I realize the irony, I should post more)


Going to class and setting intention in a very interesting mindset - one where I am thankful for my health and body, where I want to get connected to my family and those that need extra love right now.  The intention was peace and healing.  Being true to one's self.


I wasn't the thinnest in the class, I wasn't the fattest.  I was far from the best but I wasn't the worst.  I found my own peace on the mat and instead of judging my legs where the skin is sagging I celebrated the strength.  Instead of being revolted by the scar on my right shin, I was thankful for the hiking memory of saving my nieces life.  I couldn't do the half moon but I could easily do the upright pigeon 


The session ended with the following words read by the instructor ; much of my confusion and sadness came from being disconnected from myself. the greatest journey i have taken so far is the one where i ended the alienation between me and all that i am, the one where i connected my light and my darkness, where i united what i wanted to know with what i did not want to face. only through this union and truthfulness did i begin to feel at home within my own being.





No comments: