Sunday, June 10, 2007

Jane Says: The Way I See It

Sparking conversation in the tradition of coffee houses everywhere, Starbucks has always supported a good, healthy discussion. To get people talking, “The Way I See It” is a collection of thoughts, opinions and expressions provided by notable figures that now appear on their widely shared cups.

I am a historian. Though I can put words together quite nicely, I much prefer to to capture each moment with a photo (whether I have a camera with me or not. If no camera is present then it is etched in my mind to recall and laugh at later). Up until recently I knew of no one else with this same sense of capturing these historical moments with the intent of pure amusement later.

This post is dedicated to that someone: my true champion. A BFF that see things the way I do and has become friend for a lifetime. Together we have created own language (Shh Shh, FFD, RO, NPL) and developed the best photo collections ever (ROD, Ketchup, Resolution, WNTW, BR - just to name a few). The only historian I know that could turn a bad day photo into A Hot IT Chick.

The way I see it.

1. If you are bored it is your own fault.
2. Epiphanies should never be broken.
3. Trust comes in many more ways then ordering someone elses dish.
4. The Way I See It #214 is still my favorite
5. Sometimes words nor pictures can say enough to tell someone how much you love them and appreciate everything they have done for you.
6. It would be so easy!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Kim Thomas said...
I have a three part response:

(1) Some History: I took the photo of the colorful Starbucks cup that was used in this post in 2005. The photo, sat unshared on my old Audiovox phone for 2 years until I found someone who I knew would appreciate it the way I did.

(2) A Story: In January, Jane and I were doing alot of travel. The Health System was acquiring a new hospital and our trips to Reno were frequent. On one of the first visits we took separate tours of the facility. As everyone knows, hospitals are huge and there are 100's of photo opportunities but that night as we were debriefing our tours over dinner we both announced that we had one picture of the day. In typical fashion, we both pull up our pictures of the day and pass our phones around the table for all to see. Imagine the surprise of everyone when we all realized that we took the same exact photo!

(3) Over the Top Comment on our own language: Could this be the sixth love language? 1. Words of Affirmation 2. Quality Time 3. Receiving Gifts 4. Acts of Service 5. Physical Touch 6. Bizarre Acronyms

P.S. The way you see it, is the way I see it. Well worth the wait, your the best!

June 10, 2007 11:54 PM


Queen B said...
And may I just add on how much you guys have changed my life by sharing (1) random LMAO photos (2) teaching me a handful of acronyms (3) including me in ROD portfolio and (4) turning me into a blogger.

Yippee for another entertaining blog!

June 11, 2007 1:34 PM


LoSpace said...
The way I see it:
Where, oh where, is that picture of the forklift from DC? Talk about a metaphor.

One for your acronym glossary: LSHMCOOMN (laughing so hard milk's coming out of my nose)

Lospace loves johnandjanesmith. Please get that photoshop magic going on my profile pic!!

June 11, 2007 2:21 PM


Ruth Anne Skinner said...
Ok, so I had to find out what #214 was. For the people just like me...

The Way I See It # 214
What would you do for someone you love? Would you lie, cheat, steal? Break the law and call it justice? Would you say yes? Scream no? Would you kill? Would you give up your own life? Would you move mountains, swallow fire, keep a promise? Would you change the world? Would you change yourself? What would you do for someone you love?

June 11, 2007 9:49 PM


Jane said...
You have all filled my love tank in your own way.

KT: You have no idea!
QB: When are you coming back? We need your humor and brilliance.
LG: Our photo collection to come (great acronym, btw!)
RS: Of course you looked it up! ILY!

You are all officialy part of the HCBC (Hot Chicks Bloggers Club)

June 12, 2007 1:40 PM


REM said...
Mom you rock.i love you, And I'm gald that you worked on your blog.

June 12, 2007 7:44 PM


Kim Thomas said...
Gi Gi Gi, I'm part of the Hot Chicks Blogger Club! How great is that?

June 12, 2007 7:47 PM


James Evans said...
hahaah this was a great post! welcome to the blog!!

June 12, 2007 8:37 PM


Ruth Anne Skinner said...
HCBC 4 ever!

June 12, 2007 11:30 PM

Ann said...

Great post! I love The Way I See It #214, too.

Kim Thomas said...

What happened to "The Way I See It"? The Way I see it, your still #1 in my book.