Sunday, October 27, 2013

My cameo ring

In 1991 I was in an antique shop in Logan, Utah. I saw an antique ring that I fell in love with. A college student and broke there was no way I could afford the $300 price tag

For 22 years (yes 22) I have been looking for one that 1. I could afford 2. that I loved as much as the 1991 muse.

In that time I have learned about shell vs. plastic vs precious gemstones, antique vs vintage, carved vs ultrasonic machine etched.

While in Athens, Greece I found a reasonably priced modern hand carved portrait cameo of white on blue layered agate set in silver and complimented by garnets (my 19 year old self would be impressed).

I love it!

5 comments:

MoM said...

I love it too.

Sara said...

...and love the backstory

Diane said...

This is so pretty!

Kim Thomas said...

It's really pretty. I have one too, I think it's from S2

Kim Thomas said...

It's really pretty. I have one too, I think it's from S2